This card to me is arguments and clashes of ideas. The image in the Gaian Tarot of a group of eagles fighting makes me think of too much noise and too many claws. A he said/ she said, catty, name-calling, angry, jarring, scratchy feeling. It’s a war of words, “does the honourable gentleman”, tit-for-tat, social media back-biting, and one more thing so I can get my oar in and have the last word. Not a comfortable place. Not our finest hour.
It’s also this on the inside. Me at war with myself, an argument in my head I can’t settle. Old ideas putting me down, setting my peace of mind ablaze. The inability to let it lie, to accept a change of situation or ideas, to accomodate, to compromise, to seek balance. I don’t like conflict, so to me this is a “bad” card, I avoid these kind of situations like the plague.
Though really there are no “bad” cards. Just images, symbols, thoughts. The strength int his card is creative differences, a struggle from which collaboration births new work, without the disagreement there is no resolution.
Journalling or art journalling…
Into the cards…
- If you stood in the five of swords how would you sort it out?
- What would these characters say to you?
- How does it feel when you enter the scene?
- How does the conversation/ action unfold?
- What is the end result?
- Think about this card in context, between the four and the six. What came immediately before…a time-out, a rest, quiet as the grave. Where is this sharp, sword energy having a positive impact?